My travel xp in Vande Bharat express!
My travel xp in Vande Bharat express.
30.09.23 @5:20 am in Tirunelveli junction,
As me and Kynita, after parking the car in the railway vehicle stand went through the new entrance wondering whether we are too early for a train leaving at 6:00 am, we could hear the announcement that the Vande Bharat express from Tirunelveli to Chennai Egmore is ready on the platform no. 1. The one thing that we could see was that most of the passengers were taking selfies with the just five days old train. Then moving towards our coach C4 and not to stay away from the flock we too took one selfie in front of C4 and uploaded to my husband and son😆.
As we passed through I could make out that the seating in chair car is 3+2 in each row and 2+2 in executive chair car. As we got into our seats one near the window and the other near the aisle.
Keeping the newspaper aside as we pulled through the dining board, next came the hot water in paper cups to make coffee. I was expecting a spill over in the process of making coffee but then I noticed that so long we didn't even experience a single jerk of the train. The smell and taste of coffee was better than the coffee from chai walas in other trains. By that time we reached virudhunagar junction and we heard announcement that doors will open, some passengers boarded. Next station is Madurai where we had to get down.. I was wondering whether breakfast will be served before we get down or is it only coffee and biscuits for those getting down in Madurai. We were asked preference of diet while booking tickets and so I took my mobile and saw the fare breakup in the ticket.. Rs 238 was charged as catering charges. So as I went to rest room and returned back I asked one of the men in blue about the food for passengers getting down in Madurai. I think he is from North, he didn't know Tamil or English and he directed me to TTE. TTE said the food will be served now and as per our choice Kynita was given a non veg food ( Egg omelet,bread butter, two cutlets and one juice in tetra pack) and me a vegetarian food ( Kesari, two idlis with chutney sambar, vada and one juice pack).
We had only twenty minutes to our destination and we hastily had our breakfast and packed one cutlet, vada and juice packs for the two men waiting for our arrival in Madurai junction. As we were getting ready to get down we were given a pack of croissant, which also went into our bag. By that time train was very near to Madurai junction waiting for signal. As another train crossed us, ours entered into the Madurai junction. By 7:50 am we reached Madurai! We both really enjoyed the comfortable journey!
Excellent article. Expecting more from you doctor.
ReplyDelete